Finding a home care agency in Toronto can seem like a daunting task, but there are several questions you can ask that will help you to narrow your search.
• What are the services my family needs? Are they provided by the agency? Some agencies specialize in areas such as home care for children with disabilities, or eldercare. Some offer access to professionals such as dieticians, massage therapists or alternative practitioners.
• Are the staff trained, qualified and experienced? Do personal support workers have the skills your family requires? Can they provide background checks and references?
• Is help available when we need it? 24/7 care (with a trained nurse on call) is important.
• What are the agency’s core values? Does the organization value compassionate care and open lines of communication?
The right home care agency can improve your family’s quality of life.
Finding a Home Care Agency in Toronto
Maybe you have a child with a chronic
condition such as cystic fibrosis or cerebral palsy who requires extra care.
Perhaps you have an elderly parent who wants to remain in his or her own home,
but is finding it hard to cope. Maybe someone in the family has recently had
surgery and needs a bit of help until he or she is back on their feet. A good
home agency in Toronto can provide your family with the help you need, when you
Home care providers can deal with issues such
- Wound care
- Foley catheter maintenance
- Home dialysis
- Comfort care and pain management for terminally ill patients
- Range of motion exercises
- Bathing, grooming, toileting and dressing
- Household tasks
- Help with mobility
- Meal planning and preparation
Personal support workers are available 24
hours a day, 7 days a week. Many have specialized training and qualifications
as well as a range of experience. Better home care agencies also provide
clients with access to health professionals and alternative practitioners.
These may include dieticians, physiotherapists, massage therapists and even
practitioners of traditional Chinese medicine.
Talk to representatives from home care
agencies today and discover what they have to offer your family.